Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pre-Game

Day 28(ish because of a couple cheats) of 30, Challenge 1; -21 lbs

Today I am making myself accountable. Coming off my first Whole30 I am looking and feeling great. I am down over 20lbs, have more energy, and am super excited to keep going!

I had a couple "oops" in the last week of my first 30. Because of all my successes and my continued desire for progress, I am doing another 30. This time, in addition to the food restrictions, I am adding a "3-Nalgene" water challenge. I am also adding this blog component to increase my accountability, share recipes and ideas for those who might think this lifestyle change (not diet) is "too much effort", and also as a little personal therapy.

My goal? Be the best me I can be. I'm not putting a weight loss goal, size goal, lifting goal. Nothing like that. Instead my goal is simple. Be the best me I can be. Put in 100% effort for cleaner eating and continue adding physical activity as my energy and ability change with my weight loss.

For those of you not familiar with Whole30, please check out the site. I have tried the Medifast. Tried Weight Watchers. Tried just portion control. Tried the "fuck it, I'm just fat" diet too and let me tell ya, that doesn't work...

Whole30 lets me eat good food without the stress and worry that's gets associated with food when it is assigned a points or calorie value. Now I get to just ask myself: Is this a good food choice, or a bad one?

I'm not planning on getting going quite yet but wanted to have this blog all ready to go for my new day one. Hope you all enjoy the read or at least get a good laugh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment